What are the benefits of Social Media?
Advantages of social media. The business benefits of effective social media use include: Brand awareness – Compelling and relevant content will grab the attention of potential customers and increase brand visibility.
What is Facebook?
Facebook is a FREE social media platform for the everyday individual to connect with people from their past or people they already know.This awesome platform allows you to choose the people AND BUSINESSES you with to connect with, share photos, videos and so much more. We set up, optimise and manage your FaceBook page in a monthly calendar as well as offering the ability to syndicate all content over the other Social Media channels. Speak to our Ultra-Service Officer in the chat box below.
Facebook continues to be the best social network to set up camp on as a business. It’s an absolute no-brainer and here are some reasons why:
- Increased Exposure to Potential Customers
- Gather More Leads
- Reach a Targeted Audience
- Use Facebook Insights
- Build Brand Loyalty
- Increase Your Web Traffic
- Spy on Your Competition
8 fun facts about Facebook
- Worldwide, there are over 2.38 billion monthly active users as of March 31, 2019.
- 1.56 billion people on average log onto Facebook daily and are considered daily active users.
- Age 25 to 34, at 29.7% of users, is the most common age demographic.
- Five new profiles are created every second.
- Highest traffic occurs mid-week between 1 to 3 pm, on Thursdays and Fridays, engagement is 18% higher.
- There are 83 million fake profiles.
- Photo uploads total 300 million per day.
- Every 60 seconds on Facebook: 510,000 comments are posted, 293,000 statuses are updated, and 136,000 photos are uploaded.
What is Instagram?
Instagram is a free photo and video sharing app available on iOS, Android and Windows devices. People can upload photos or videos to Instgram and share them with their followers. You can also view, comment and like posts shared by your friends on Instagram. Instagram has features like filters, face swops and fun interactive ways for people to share their unique experiences.
10 Facts about Instagram:
1. Instagram was founded in October 2010.
2. Over 40 billion photos and videos have been shared on Instagram since its inception.
3. Instagram was sold for $1billion in 2012.
4. Currently, there is more than 4.2 billion number of Instagram likes per day.
5. More than 8 million profiles on Instagram are business profiles.
6. Around 95 million photos are uploaded per day.
7. Instagram has been installed 1 billion times on the Google Play Store alone.
8. 32% of all Internet users are on Instagram.
9. 59% of internet users between the ages of 18 and 29 use Instagram.
10. When Instagram introduced videos, 5 million videos were uploaded in the first 24 hours.
What is LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is a business networking platform with a mobile and desktop version of the website, aswell as a mobile app available on iOS, Android and windows devices. Founded on December 28, 2002, and launched on May 5, 2003, it is mainly used for professional netwroking, including employers posting jobs and job seekers posting their CV’s, certifications and qualifications.
What is Pinterest?
Pinterest is a social media platform and mobile app. Using images and, on a smaller scale, GIF’s and videos to showcase some creative and unique ideas for interests and hobbies.
You do so by creating individual pin boards. Searching and looking for ideas and pinning them to the specific board that you have created.
Pins can also link back to websites, which is why Pinterest is great for driving traffic and sales.
Benefits of using Pinterest:
One pin can lead to ten pins, ten pins can lead to twenty pins and so on, this creating the following benefits below:
- Increased awareness
- Additional blog traffic
- New leads
- Increased sales
What is YouTube?
YouTube allows users to upload, view, rate, share, add to playlists, report, comment on videos, and subscribe to other YouTube channels. Available content includes video clips,TV Shows, music videos, documentaries, audio recordings, trailers , live video streams, and educational videos.
Fun facts about YouTube?
- The very first YouTube video was uploaded on 23 April 2005.
- Every minute, more than 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube.
- YouTube has over a billion users, almost one-third of all people on the Internet.
- Almost 5 billion videos are watched on Youtube every single day.
- More than half of YouTube views come from mobile devices.
- The average number of mobile YouTube video views per day is 1,000,000,000.
- The Annual cost of running and maintaining YouTube is $6,350,000,000.
- The World highest paid YouTube stars earned a combined total of $127 million in 2017.
What is Twitter?
Twitter is an online news and social networking site where people communicate in short messages called tweets. Tweeting is posting short messages for anyone who follows you on Twitter.
You can tweet just about anything. Some examples are as follows
- Tweet about excellent customer service you just received.
- Tweet a photo of your meal, and the restaurant that you ar at.
- Tweet a video of something that you are doing or something that interests you.
- Ask a question in a tweet or start a debate about a certain subject.
- Tweet your opinion of a movie you just watched.
- Tweet about something funny that happened recently.
- Tweet the view from your office.
- Tweet breaking news from around the world.
Twitter can be beneficial to your business in the following ways
It’s a way for businesses to quickly connect and engage with customers, partners and employees and build a loyal following.
- It can build a community or engagement.
- Brand authority.
- You can gain valuable information about customers or clients.
- You can promote your brand, product or service.
Small or franchised businesses – Listen up !!
Being a small or franchised business owner, it becomes essential for you to build brand awareness. Twitter allows you to connect with new users with its promotional ads.
Twitter is a great marketing tool. Don’t forget, tweets are indexed by Google and therefore is advantageous whe used inconjunction with Serach Engine Optimisation (SEO).